-
February 21st, 2002, 05:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
That's because the area used to be known as Byelorussia.
-
February 21st, 2002, 06:21 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Inflation is 182%??
I'm going to send them Russkies some "Whip Inflation Now!" buttons.

Sincerely,
Gerald Ford
-
February 21st, 2002, 06:42 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but RACK any country with a city named Brest. I just may retire there if it lives up to the billing.
-
February 21st, 2002, 10:14 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Euro,
Thanks for the brighter than the sun pic. My retinas are scorced. Good lord that is an ugly flag.
-
February 22nd, 2002, 04:44 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I've checked an almanac, nothing. WTF ?
Any help would be appreciated.....
EHFAR !!!!!!
EHCS911 !!!!!!
M13420 !!!!!!
O-L,
IL
-
February 22nd, 2002, 04:50 AM
#6
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by IRIE LAGOS:
I've checked an almanac, nothing. WTF ?
Any help would be appreciated.....
EHFAR !!!!!!
EHCS911 !!!!!!
M13420 !!!!!!
O-L,
IL</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
-
February 22nd, 2002, 04:53 AM
#7
Inactive Member
It was part of the old Soviet Union.

Area: 207,600 sq km (80,964 sq mi)
Population: 10.4 million
Capital city: Minsk (pop 1.7 million)
People: Belarusian (78%), Russian (13%), Ukrainian (4%), Polish (4%)
Language: Belarusian, Russian
Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christianity, Roman Catholic
Government: Republic
Prime Minister: Uladzimir Yarmoshin
President: Alyaksandr Lukashenka
GDP: US$53.7 billion
GDP per head: US$5,200
Annual growth: 7%
Inflation: 182%
Major industries: Food, chemicals, textiles, agricultural machinery, timber
Major trading partners: Russia, Austria, Germany, UK
Member of EU: no
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/cs/bytoc.html
-
February 22nd, 2002, 04:57 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Thanks dudes, I figured they were an Eastern Block
country, and I've heard the announcers refer to
them as BelaRUSSIANS......
O-L,
IL
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks